Thursday 21 May 2015

Fat men
Thin men
Black men
Yellow men
Men that are brown
all move in little bunches
never without

I have to find out your age
The name of your god
If it's the same as mine
Then maybe we can bond

We will make tiny nations
Miniscule atomic groups
And get vexed at the sight of the rest
March on them with our troops

I will love my brown brother more
With each passing day
And deride the white mother
Come whatever may

I will bask in the sunshine
of my orthodox sister's love
And not bother if the liberal siblings next door
literally starve

I will love in my image
Because god made me in his
My leader will be my oracle
All other utterances will be lies that is

I hope you get that I say this in jest
Homogeneity isn't my mojo
Conformance
Doesn't burn in my breast

Blessed are those
who can elude this trap
Free as birds they live
and hey this is a wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment